Already read the introduction? Please scroll down for challenge.
Looking for a quick challenge to get your started on your Christian meditation practice. The 10-day challenge provides a daily devotional and Christ-centered meditation that only requires you to sit back and relax.
(Free Listening Library Members have access for 7 days!)
Each daily challenge, includes a short devotional that correlates with the topic for the day. Please read the devotional and contemplate some of the questions before starting the guided meditation. The devotional is designed to help you go deeper and open your mind and heart to a better understanding of God and yourself. Awareness must precede change. After the meditation, you are given a few options on how to close your quiet time. Take advantage of these as well. Below is a list of quick Christian meditation do’s and don’ts. Read over these every so often to remind yourself of these important tips.
Christian Meditations Do’s
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. If possible, create a sacred area in a part of your home. Adorn it with candles and a few objects of affection.
- If you don’t have one already, consider purchasing a journal or notepad to record any thoughts or inspirations you gain during the challenge.
- During the guided meditation, if your mind begins to wander off in thought, use your breath as a focal point.
- Keep your mind in the present moment even if you are having a wonderful thought or inspiration. It will come back to you after the meditation.
- Set a time and place that you will meditate every day and try to keep to it.
- For best results sit in an upright chair, hands in lap or to side, feet on floor.
- Breathe in and out through your nose. During the warm-up you can exhale through the mouth if you want.
- Complete all 10 days.
- If possible, repeat the meditation again in the evening.
Christian Meditation Don’ts:
- Don’t judge the meditation.
- Reject all thoughts that you aren’t doing it correctly.
- Don’t stop midstream, continue until the meditation ends.
- Don’t give up or let other distractions get in the way of completing the entire challenge. Make a commitment to yourself that you are going to finish no matter what.
- Don’t do the meditation lying down or when very tired, UNLESS you want to fall asleep.
- Don’t get upset or frustrated because of distractions. They are a part of everyday life. Just let them pass through you and bring your attention back to your focal point and the present moment. One of the best benefits of meditation is learning how to NOT get sucked into every distraction, thought, and feeling. Instead you take authority over them by choosing to concentrate on the positive, God’s word, and the present moment.
You are now ready to begin!
Scroll Down to Start Challenge
Christian Meditation Challenge Preview
Day One: Lord Create in Me a Clean Heart
Day Two: Letting Go of the Past
Day Three: You Are Not Alone
Day Four: Forgiving Yourself & Others
Day Five: Giving God Your First Fruits
Day Six: Interceding for Others
Day Seven: It's Better to Give
Day Eight: Spiritual Reality Check Up
Day Nine: In Everything Give Thanks
Day Ten: Peace Like a River
I want to personally Thank You for investing in The Christian Meditator's Listening Library. I trust it will be a Huge Contributor to you Drawing Closer to our Lord, Restoring Your Peace of Mind, and Promote the Healing you are seeking. I am honored to be able to take this journey with you. - Rhonda Jones