Do You Need to Heal from Past Hurts and Pain?
After watching the video above that explains more about this issue, please move through the following steps for the next 7-days. You will find all of these resources as you scroll down the page.
- (Learn) Read, Healing is An Inside Job to gain some additional knowledge and insight.
- (Grow) Read through the Grow strategies. Pick one or two strategies that you will commit to this week. Create a few reminders to help you remember (post-it notes, a signal on phone.)
- (Meditate) Select a time each day, preferably in the morning and even before retiring to listen to the guided meditation.
- (Reflect) Each time you do the meditation, answer the reflection/journaling questions.
- (Repeat) or (Expand) Repeat again the following week (maybe pick a new strategy). Or Expand. Read through the rest of this page to learn more or add additional resources, healing tools, or guided instruction.
- (Commit) Understand that spiritual self-care is a life-long journey. There is no need to rush through it. Just commit to giving some time to it every day to keep you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Consistency is key. I have many tools that can help you with that.
- (Share) Share your progress or feedback with me!
Get Your Copy!
Using God's Word to Restore Your Peace of Mind
Healing is an Inside Job
Having a spiritual tool box will help you to quickly process and release any new toxic thoughts or emotions that present themselves. A daily quiet time with God can also deepen your intimacy with Christ.
You may struggle with some sub-conscious, even conscious, wounds that are standing in the way of you experiencing complete freedom in Christ. Over the years, instead of dealing with scary or uncomfortable issues, you have most likely minimized them or bushed them aside. Unfortunately, until you own them and give them a proper burial, they will continue to resurface again and again. It just takes the right triggers to bring them out of hiding. Christian meditation along with other tools can help you confront these skeletons with confidence and courage, so you can heal these areas in your life and move forward.
Past wounds and hurts are probably significantly impacting your life as well. You probably find that you are playing out the same roles or scenarios time and time again, different actors but the same plot. You may even consider yourself the victim. You often feel stuck and may suffer from severe mood swings and find it hard to cope. If so, it’s time to take your power back today!
Strategies that Promote Inner Healing (Grow)
- Next time uncomfortable thoughts, memories, or emotions arise or are triggered, don’t deny, bury, or distract yourself from them. They don’t show up to haunt you, but to be healed. Take a few moments to pause and feel the emotions deeply. Take deep breaths if the emotional pain intensifies. Imagine yourself breathing the pain from your body. Continue until it subsides
- Start a Spiritual Journal- Writing down your thoughts, hurts, or feelings can help you to heal and release them. It can also be effective in reducing trauma. By acknowledging how we feel, we open the door to inner healing. Use this time to also invite God’s love and light into your pain. You are not alone.
- Start a Gratitude Journal- Those who frequently express gratitude and thankfulness are less depressed, healthier, and sleep better, all of which can facilitate healing. Use positivity to enhance your well-being by spending some time each day writing down at least 3 things you are grateful for.
- Research More Tools- There are many healing tools available to help you heal and work through your pain. Some of these include the Welcoming Prayer, EFT, and Transformation Meditation, and more.
- Invite God into your Pain- In the process above, begin to invite God into your pain. You can do this by silently saying, “Father God or Jesus, I invite you into my pain. Thank you for your healing power within me.” You can exchange the word pain for what you are actually feeling, if you desire. Imagine God’s light feeling your body and washing away the pain, disease, or darkness.
Pure Living Water Healing Meditation (Meditate)
Pure Living Water Healing Meditation
After the meditation, spend a few more moments in silence. If time permits, get out your journal and record any insights or inspirations that might be bubbling up from within. For best results, meditate 1-2 times per day, preferably in morning and evening.
This meditation is about 22 minutes long. If you enjoyed it, please check out my Health and Healing Bundle, at the end of this page. You can also listen to more samples by clicking here.
Try It Now. Listen Below to Pure Living Water Healing Meditation
About Pure Living Water Healing Meditation:
Don’t you just love being in nature and waterfalls? Several years ago I went on a retreat in Jamaica and one of the highlights was standing underneath a breath-taking waterfall with the water cascading on top of my head. It was so refreshing and cleansing. This meditation Pure Living Water Healing Meditations will allow you to experience healing, by washing away all your cares and pain, while bathing in a beautiful waterfall and pond that have been touched by God.
To Prepare for the Meditation:
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Sit in a comfortable upright position. Legs can be placed on floor or crossed.
- If you have headphones available, put them on. Get relaxed and press play.
- After the meditation, please leave any comments below: How did it make you feel? What did you notice about your thoughts?
After the Meditation Journaling Questions (Reflect)
In your journal, answer the following questions.
1. What thoughts showed up during the meditation?
2.Did you experience any body sensations, anxiety, or uncomfortable emotions?
3.What can you commit to God?
4.Did you experience any other inspiration or promptings from God? If so, what?
5. How do you feel after the meditation?
(For best results, complete the meditation and journaling questions for the next 7-days)
Ready to Start Your New Meditation Journey?
One of the best ways to becoming a Christian meditator and start meditating is to 1) Learn more about mind and meditation, 2) Take a meditation course that will teach you how to meditate effectively. Many people believe that if they just get quiet and close their eyes, they are meditating; however, their bodies may be still, but their minds are all over the place. This is when many Christians give up and miss out on the benefits of this transformative practice. Having support and instruction from a book, course, group or coach can help to guarantee greater success. Below are a few recommended resources to get you started.
Benefits You Can Expect from Christian Meditation
- Become an observer of our minds.
- Learn to take authority over our thought life.
- Reduce internal and external distractions.
- Overcome compulsive thinking that leads to compulsive behaviors.
- Win the battle over our mind.
- Squash every thought that exalts itself against God’s Word.
- Stop striving and trust God.
- Break the cycle of urgency and busyness.
- Get our attention back on God.
- Hide God’s Word in our heart.
- Gain greater discipline.
- Learn to live in the present moment.
Emotional Health and Healing Christian Meditation and Affirmations Bundle
In the Emotional Healing Bundle Includes these Christian Meditation and Affirmation Downloads:
- Releasing the Past (med)
- Overcoming Restlessness (med)
- Release Toxic Emotions (med)
- I Forgive (med)
- Healing Affirmations (aff)
- Battle is the Lords (med)
- Perfect Love Casts Out Fear (med)
- Jesus is My Peace (med)
- Joy Affirmations
- In Loving Memory (med)
Transform Your Life by Finding Inner Healing
and Transform Your Relationship with God
“Did you know that most of our mindsets and perspectives on life are en-grained by the time we are 6-years-old? It’s true. While in our formative years we are like little sponges, we take in EVERYTHING. Unlike adults, we don’t have filters or boundaries that protect us from situations or people that can hurt us mentally or emotionally. As we grow older, because we were not able to release these fears, pains, or phobias, we learn coping mechanisms. These pains never really went away, we just learned great ways to bury them or hide them away. However, all we need is the right trigger and those fears and toxic emotions come flooding back with a vengeance.
I’m sure you know people who just seem angry all the time. In fact, one of my fourth grade students is like that. She is ALWAYS angry and getting in confrontations about something. Do you think that behavior is going to go away when she is an adult? No, not unless she learns how to release it in a healthy way that doesn’t hurt others. Learning how to release inner pains is imperative to our spiritual growth and personal development. We really can’t grow beyond our unconscious feelings about life, ourselves, and others when we are wounded. We are not free to explore, take risks, and be vulnerable. Instead people with inner pains tend to protect themselves at all costs. They won’t let others (even God) really in, but in the end they are hurting themselves and can end up lonely and full of despair.
Additional Articles to Read
Start Meditating & Cleanse Your Heart
During Christian meditation, as we become still before the Lord, these pains or memories may begin to surface. That can be really scary. Sometimes when that happens you might feel like you’re going to die or have a panic attack. This is one of the main reasons people don’t like dealing with their “stuff,” so they stay distracted instead. Those who experienced severe trauma often try to dull out their pain with food, drugs, or other destructive behaviors. They don’t want to feel. But what you can “feel” you can “heal.” Therefore, feeling the pain and seeing that you won’t die is a good thing.
Come to a God Getaway Retreat
Be a part of a God Getaway that will heal and transform your life. Someone that would benefit from a God Getaway is someone who feels burnt out with work, church, family, friends, or life in general. If you currently feel distant or disconnected from God and his spirt you would certainly benefit from one of our retreats. We have a selection of retreats to choose from. Learn more about my God Getaway Retreats.
Past Retreats: Mexico, California, Costa Rica, Italy
Where to Go from Here?
Intrigued by what you just read about Christian Meditation and wonder what your next steps should be? If you haven’t already, please check out all the links in this blog post. In addition, we have a Facebook Group targeted for those who practice Christian Meditation. Once you have joined you can talk with other members about their experiences.
I hope you found this information helpful, if you have any question, please send me a message using the form below.