Do You Struggle with Stinkin' Thinkin'?
After watching the video above that explains more about this issue, please move through the following steps for the next 7-days. You will find all of these resources as you scroll down the page.
- (Learn) Read, You are Only As Healthy as Your Mind to gain some additional knowledge and insight.
- (Grow) Read through the Grow strategies. Pick one or two strategies that you will commit to this week. Create a few reminders to help you remember (post-it notes, a signal on phone.)
- (Meditate) Select a time each day, preferably in the morning and even before retiring to listen to the guided meditation.
- (Reflect) Each time you do the meditation, answer the reflection/journaling questions.
- (Repeat) or (Expand) Repeat again the following week (maybe pick a new strategy). Or Expand. Read through the rest of this page to learn more or add additional resources or guided instruction.
- (Commit) Understand that spiritual self-care is a life-long journey. There is no need to rush through it. Just commit to giving some time to it every day to keep you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Consistency is key. I have many tools that can help you with that.
- (Share) Share your progress or feedback with me!
Get Your Copy!
Using God's Word to Restore Your Peace of Mind
You are Only As Healthy as Your Mind!
Negative thoughts and toxic emotions can have a large impact on your life.
There is a direct correlation between your thoughts and moods, that can cause you to feel down, frustrated, or angry. Getting control over your mental chatter is the key to restoring your mental health. It will also help you to keep your mind from sabotaging you with doubt and fear, as well as keeping God’s Word from taking root in your life.
You may be chronically depressed. If so, you may want to consider seeking help from a trained professional if this condition is heavily impacting your life. It is possible, with the right tools to gain back your peace of mind as I did.
After 4-years of chronic depression, my recovery started once I learned how to take control of my thought life and bring every thought under God’s authority.
Christian meditation played a huge role in this, as it helped me to be able to observe my thoughts and at the same time disengage from them.
Although some roots of depression stem from chemical imbalances, the majority of those suffering from depression are a result of destructive self-talk that has been internalized.
Strategies for Overcoming Negative Thinking (Grow)
- Incorporate a Mental Gatekeeper- A mental gatekeeper is an imaginary person that stops negative thoughts before they can enter your mind. For example, if your mental gatekeeper is a baseball player, visualize each negative thought as a baseball. When a negative thoughts (ball) comes towards you, visualize your batter hitting it right out of the field.
- Observe Your Thoughts- The only way to change negative thoughts are to first become aware of them. Take some time to do a thought inventory and observe your reoccurring thinking patterns. Once recognized, cover them with God’s Word and promises.
- Rewrite Your Mental Script– Many people don’t realize this, but thoughts are things. What we think about most often grows. “As a man thinks in his heart, so is he,” is a popular scripture. Therefore, if you don’t want to create your fears, worries, or doubts, consciously rewrite your mental script and begin to rehearse it instead.
- Live in the Present Moment– Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. All we have is now. Living outside of the present moment hinders the joy and peace we could be experiencing right now! Every moment is a blessing!
- Learn to Live in the Mystery- Most of us fear uncertainty. We want solutions and closure right now. Living in the mystery cultivates trust and dependency upon Father God, even during times of darkness. Know that God will never leave you or forsake you. Make mystery an adventure.
Conquer Those Negative Thoughts! (Meditate)
Controlling Negative Thougths
This is the VERY first meditation I created almost 15 years ago! It has also been my best seller. It was Christian meditation integrated with scriptures that helped me personally overcome 4-years of a dark depression, when nothing else seemed to help. I am so grateful I stumbled upon this life-changing practice. After the meditation, spend a few more moments in silence. If time permits, get out your journal and record any insights or inspirations that might be bubbling up from within. For best results, meditate 1-2 times per day, preferably in morning and evening.
This meditation is about 25 minutes long. If you enjoyed it, please check out my Christian Meditation Bundle for Peace of Mind, at the end of this page. You can also listen to more samples by clicking here.
Try It Now. Listen Below to My Best Selling Christian Meditation: "Controlling Negative Thoughts"
About Controlling Negative Thoughts:
This guided meditation includes a progressive relationship as well as scriptures, to help you to understand the relationship between the mind and our walk with God. When the mind is filled with fear, negativity, and clutter, there is no room for God or his presence to enter in. In addition, our ears are dull to his voice, as it is drowned out by our inner noise and distractions.
To Prepare for the Meditation:
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Sit in a comfortable upright position. Legs can be placed on floor or crossed.
- If you have headphones available, put them on. Get relaxed and press play.
- After the meditation, please leave any comments below: How did it make you feel? What did you notice about your thoughts?
After the Meditation Journaling Questions (Reflect)
In your journal, answer the following questions.
1. What thoughts showed up during the meditation?
2.Did you experience any bodily sensations, anxiety, or uncomfortable emotions?
3.What can you commit to God?
4.Did you experience any other inspiration or promptings from God? If so, what?
5. How do you feel after the meditation?
(For best results, complete the meditation and journaling questions for the next 7-days)
Ready to Start Your Spiritual Self-Care Journey?
One of the best ways to becoming a Christian meditator and start meditating is to 1) Learn more about mind and meditation, 2) Take a meditation course that will teach you how to meditate effectively. Many people believe that if they just get quiet and close their eyes, they are meditating; however, their bodies may be still, but their minds are all over the place. This is when many Christians give up and miss out on the benefits of this transformative practice. Having support and instruction from a book, course, group or coach can help to guarantee greater success. Below are a few recommended resources to get you started.
Benefits You Can Expect from Christian Meditation
- Become an observer of our minds.
- Learn to take authority over our thought life.
- Reduce internal and external distractions.
- Overcome compulsive thinking that leads to compulsive behaviors.
- Win the battle over our mind.
- Squash every thought that exalts itself against God’s Word.
- Stop striving and trust God.
- Break the cycle of urgency and busyness.
- Get our attention back on God.
- Hide God’s Word in our heart.
- Gain greater discipline.
- Learn to live in the present moment.
Peace of Mind Christian Meditation & Affirmations Bundle
The Peace of Mind Audio Bundle Includes 10-guided Christian meditation and affirmation downloads to help you restore your peace of mind. These include:
- Peace Meditation
- When I Open My Eyes Meditation
- Close My Eyes to Sleep Meditation
- Eliminating Stress & Toxic Emotions Meditation
- Overcoming Restlessness Meditation
- Mantra Meditation
- Faith Affirmations
- Relinquish Control
- Battle is the Lords
- Abiding in Christ
You're Just a Few Thoughts Away from Peace and Joy
So many people struggle with negative thoughts. In this video I talk about the mind as both a narrator and creator that can be overwritten to create more peace and joy and manifest the life we want. Too many of us live on default and subjected to our own negative mindsets without ever questioning or challenging it. Enjoyed this video, please leave a comment below. What has been your script lately? Do you need to change it? Write one sentence affirming or rewriting an area of your life that you desire to see positive change.
Transform Your Life by Restoring Your Peace of Mind
and Transform Your Relationship with God
“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable–if anything is excellent or praiseworthy–think about such things.” We are admonished by the scriptures to renew our minds by casting down every thought and imagination that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and to bring every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. Unfortunately, this sound a lot easier than it really is. We are bombarded daily with negative messages, circumstances, and mindsets that work against our peace of mind. We fight a daily war for our very mind and souls. Maintaining peace of mind and overcoming worry, negative thinking, and fear begins with controlling our thoughts.
Many of our false or fear-based mindsets play over and over in our heads without much notice, and in many cases, the thoughts we meditate on today have been around for a LONG time, maybe as far back as childhood. This often causes us to react to situations without really contemplating our actions. When we do, we’re acting out on our familiar mental and behavioral patterns. I’m sure you’ve heard people say, “Well that’s just the way I am.” What they may not understand is that, this is just the way they are choosing to be by holding onto old patterns of thinking. The good news is that we can decide to renew our minds at any time. I didn’t say it was easy, but acknowledging our stinkin’ thinking is the first step in recovery.
Additional Articles on Overcoming Negative Thoughts
What If You Meditated for Just One-Week?
Listen to this man’s experience… “Meditating One Hour a Day is Changing My Life.”
I do not know this person, but I loved this video so much that I wanted to share it with you.
In this video, this man decides to meditate for one-hour per day for one week to see what would happen. He was struggling with some anxiety that was re-occurring more frequently and didn’t know why. He was hoping that by slowing down and meditating, he could find out why and eliminate it. Listen to his story. I hope it inspires you as well.
Retreat With Us!
Be a part of a God Getaway that will heal and transform your life. Someone that would benefit from a God Getaway is someone who feels burnt out with work, church, family, friends, or life in general. If you currently feel distant or disconnected from God and his spirit you would certainly benefit from one of our retreats. We have a selection of wonderful retreats to choose from. Learn more about my God Getaway Retreats.
Past Retreats: Mexico, California, Costa Rica, Italy
Start Meditating to Renew Your Mind
Starting today, you can choose thoughts that align with God’s Word and that will promote more peace, joy, contentment, and faith in your life. This comes from MEDITATING on the Messiah and His Word. He tells us that whatsoever things are true, lovely, and of a good report, think (meditate) on these things. God also said, “I will keep thee in perfect peace whose mind is stayed (focused) on me. That’s what meditating is really all about, keeping our mind and heart focused on the Messiah and His Word. By hiding God’s Word in our heart, we can walk in peace, faith, and purity. A daily practice of meditating on God’s Word in stillness and silence is a POWERFUL combination.
Any Questions or Comments?
I hope you found this information helpful, if you have any question, please send me a message using the form below.