Are You Overwhelmed with Stress & Anxiety!
After watching the video above that explains more about this issue, please move through the following steps for the next 7-days. You will find all of these resources as you scroll down the page.
- (Learn) Read, Be Still & Know That I Am God to gain some additional knowledge and insight.
- (Grow) Read through the Grow strategies. Pick one or two strategies that you will commit to this week. Create a few reminders to help you remember (post-it notes, a signal on phone.)
- (Meditate) Select a time each day, preferably in the morning and even before retiring to listen to the guided meditation.
- (Reflect) Each time you do the meditation, answer the reflection/journaling questions.
- (Repeat) or (Expand) Repeat again the following week (maybe pick a new strategy). Or Expand. Read through the rest of this page to learn more or add additional resources or guided instruction.
- (Commit) Understand that spiritual self-care is a life-long journey. There is no need to rush through it. Just commit to giving some time to it every day to keep you mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy. Consistency is key. I have many tools that can help you with that.
- (Share) Share your progress or feedback with me!
Get Your Copy!
Using God's Word to Restore Your Peace of Mind
Be Still & Know That I Am God
You may find it somewhat difficult to keep balance in your life and sometimes feel overwhelmed with its demands. Perhaps you have a crazy schedule and lots of responsibilities to manage, so your time is limited. Taking time for yourself may seem like a dream that is not quite in your current reality. Even taking as little as 30 minutes per day to be still and dwell in God’s presence can work wonders in your life on all levels: mentally, spiritually, and physically. Having a variety of go-to meditations that are easily accessible, can help you keep this important commitment to yourself. Christian meditation can act as a reset button to help you turn your stress level back to zero each and every day.
Maybe you are on the verge of a complete breakdown or exhaustion? You may even be wondering how you’re going to cope and keep up with the pace you’ve created for yourself. If your life is filled with constant activity with no down time, you’re living in a state of flight or fight, which, if it hasn’t already, will began to impact your physical health.
It is imperative that you incorporate some times of peace, solitude, stillness, and calmness in your life to activate your parasympathetic nervous system and reduce cortisol levels affecting your adrenals. With your limited time, having a variety of Christian meditations readily available can help you include times of much need R and R. All you need is 15-20 minutes a day to change your life. Just that little bit will begin to affect all areas of your life and little by little will help you to make changes that will bring you more life satisfaction.
Strategies to Reduce Stress & Anxiety (Grow)
- Detach from Fear-Based Thinking that can create stress and anxiety. Through meditation and mindfulness, you become an observer, instead of a participant of your thoughts. Notice them with gentle detachment or attaching meaning to them. Just because you think it, doesn’t make it so.
- Pause- Worry can create stress. When overcome by worry (fear in disguise), pause, breathe deeply, count to 10, and consciously turn every care over to God.
- Establish a Daily Meditation Practice– Regular meditation has been proven to reduce stress and create inner calm. Consider how you can incorporate meditation as a daily balm to purify your mind and heart, each and every day.
- Spend Time in Silence and Nature- Take time throughout your week to dwell in silence or spend time in nature. Both of these practices help to balance the body and supports our parasympathetic nervous system that activates a relaxation response in the body
- Take a Mindfulness Break- Take 5 Minutes with God Meditation breaks at scheduled times during your day. You can even schedule these in your phone. Mini-breaks of mindfulness can help to reset your thinking and put your focus back on God and the present moment.
- Get Moving- Incorporate yoga or other exercise throughout the week as an outlet for stress. We hold our issues in our tissues. Exercises with mindfulness, like yoga, helps us to identify our stressors, where we hold them in the body, and through deep breathing and detoxifying poses, release them. Here is a link to my 10-Day Christian Yoga Challenge for Stress and Anxiety.
- Create a Minimalist Lifestyle- Stress can also be heightened due to compacted schedules and busyness. Take an inventory of your week and daily tasks, then decide what you can keep, tweek, or dump.
The Lord is My Healer Guided Meditation (Meditate)
Before beginning the meditation, notice where you might be holding onto stress in your body. Take a few deep breaths in and out of your nose to release and let go, washing away all tension.
After the meditation, spend a few more moments in silence. If time permits, get out your journal and ask God what is cause stress in your life. Ask God for help in managing your life better and even think about how you can cut back on some of your weekly activities to spend more time just being. For best results, meditate 1-2 times per day, preferably in morning and evening.
This meditation is about 22 minutes long. If you enjoyed it, please check out my Physical Health and Healing Meditation Bundle, at the end of this page. You can also listen to more samples by clicking here.
Try It Now. Listen to Video Meditation: The Lord is My Healer
About The Lord is My Healer:
Are you in need of healing or know someone who is struggling with an illness that made be made worse by stress? I created and dedicated this video for my daughter who had been suffering from debilitating headaches. After taking numerous medications and trying to get help from doctors, I told her she needs to take this to Jesus. I made the video to help her but it may help others as well. Many of the physical conditions in our bodies are due to stress. In fact, the CDC and International Health Organization declare that 80-85% of all dis-ease, has an emotional root. When we can reduce the stress in our lives, it builds up our immune system. Release stress is paramount to maintaining physical and mental health and well-being.
To Prepare for the Meditation:
- Find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed. Sit in a comfortable upright position. Legs can be placed on floor or crossed.
- If you have headphones available, put them on. Get relaxed and press play.
- After the meditation, please leave any comments below: How did it make you feel? What did you notice about your thoughts?
After the Meditation Journaling Questions (Reflect)
In your journal, answer the following questions.
1. What thoughts showed up during the meditation?
2.Did you experience any body sensations, anxiety, or uncomfortable emotions?
3.What can you commit to God?
4.Did you experience any other inspiration or promptings from God? If so, what?
5. How do you feel after the meditation?
(For best results, complete the meditation and journaling questions for the next 7-days)
Start Your New Meditation Journey!
One of the best ways to becoming a Christian meditator and start meditating is to 1) Learn more about mind and meditation, 2) Take a meditation course that will teach you how to meditate effectively. Many people believe that if they just get quiet and close their eyes, they are meditating; however, their bodies may be still, but their minds are all over the place. This is when many Christians give up and miss out on the benefits of this transformative practice. Having support and instruction from a book, course, group or coach can help to guarantee greater success. Below are a few recommended resources to get you started.
Benefits of Christian Meditation
- Become an observer of our minds.
- Learn to take authority over our thought life.
- Reduce internal and external distractions.
- Overcome compulsive thinking that leads to compulsive behaviors.
- Win the battle over our mind.
- Squash every thought that exalts itself against God’s Word.
- Stop striving and trust God.
- Break the cycle of urgency and busyness.
- Get our attention back on God.
- Hide God’s Word in our heart.
- Gain greater discipline.
- Learn to live in the present moment.
Physical Health & Healing Christian Meditation and Affirmations Bundle
The Christian Meditation Physical Health and Healing Bundle Includes: (Click on titles to listen to samples.)
- Divine Healing (med)
- God’s Healing Light (med)
- Weight Loss & Health Affirmations (aff)
- Power Affirmations (aff)
- Healing Affirmations (aff)
- Control Negative Thoughts (med)
- Quieting a Restless Mind (med)
- The Lord is My Healer (med)
- In Everything Give Thanks (med)
- Repentance (med)
Transform Your Life by Relieving Stress
and Transform Your Relationship with God
“I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well.” Did you know that almost 90% of illnesses are exacerbated by stress? Today, many physicians are now encouraging some form of meditation. The list of the positive physical benefits of meditation just keep growing. It lowers blood pressure, reduces pain and inflammation, and helps with memory, to name just a few. You can learn more about the benefits of Christian meditation by reading the articles below. If your stress is related to negative thoughts, then also consider some of the methods stated in the section about restoring peace of mind.
Additional Articles on Stress Relief
Could You Use a Little More Love and Inspiration Today?
One of the most inspiring videos I have ever listened to!
Every now and then, there are videos or messages that give me goose bumps and this is one of them. In this video, Jeff Olsen shares about his near death experience. This video is one of the most beautiful messages about God, love, and life that I think I’ve ever heard. If only we all could be inspired to love without seeing our differences and separation. We certainly would have so much more joy and less stress. I hope it inspires you as well to seek after those things that REALLY matter.
Start Meditating Now to Eliminate Stress
Some great options for those who want to reduce stress is to do a walking meditation. With a walking meditation you get the benefits of both exercise and meditation. A walking meditation is very simple. Pick an area you’d like to walk. A pretty place or around the block is ideal. Proceed by walking very slowly and as you do stay completely in the presence moment by focusing on tangible things around you, like flowers, trees, or the side walk. You can even meditate on a sacred phrase like “Christ is my peace” as you walk. The key is that every time your mind wanders off, bring it back to the present moment by returning your focus to the here and now. You will be surprised at how many times your mind is going to wander off like a dog on a long leash. Just like training a dog to heel, you’ll need to continue to yank your mind back into the present moment.
Come to a God Getaway Retreat with Me!
Be a part of a God Getaway that will heal and transform your life. Someone that would benefit from a God Getaway is someone who feels burnt out with work, church, family, friends, or life in general. If you currently feel distant or disconnected from God and his spirit you would certainly benefit from one of our retreats. We have a selection of retreats to choose from. Take a look here. Learn more about my God Getaway Retreats.
Past Retreats: Mexico, California, Costa Rica, Italy
Where to Go from Here?
Intrigued by what you just read about Christian Meditation and wonder what your next steps should be? If you haven’t already, please check out all the links in this blog post. In addition, we have a Facebook Group targeted for those who practice Christian Meditation. Once you have joined you can talk with other members about their experiences.
I hope you found this information helpful, if you have any question, please send me a message using the form below.