Questioning whether you’re going to heaven?
Take this simple test to find out.
Select Only One:
___ I am a good and moral person.
___ I go to church regularly.
___ I pray to God.
___ I keep all the 10 commandments… “Thou shall not kill…”
___ I believe in God.
___ I have had a life changing experience with Jesus Christ.
- Being a good and moral personal is good; however, being a moral person alone will not get you into heaven. Romans 3:23 says, “For all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:10 says, “There is none righteous, no not one.”
- Many people go to church for various reasons but going to church alone will not guarantee you will go to heaven. Have you heard the saying, “Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, just like being in a garage doesn’t make you a car?”
- Praying to God is honorable, yet John 9:31 says, “We know that God does not listen to sinners. He listens to the godly, who do his will.
- There was a time (before Christ) that keeping all the commandments would get you into heaven; however, now salvation is a gift of God, not according to good works. (Ephesians 2:8-9)
- James 2:19 says, “You believe in God, that’s good, but even the devils believe and tremble,” and they certainly aren’t going to heaven.
- Having a life transforming experience through Jesus Christ, that involves acknowledging your past sins, repentance, believing that Christ died for your sins, and asking Him into your life and heart is the only true way to ensure your entrance into heaven. This is the correct answer.
Regarding salvation and heaven the Bible tells says:
“All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”- Romans 3:23
“While we were yet sinners Christ died for us.”- Romans 5:8
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but will have everlasting life.” – John 3:16
“God commands all people to everywhere to repent.” – Acts 17:30
“There is no other name in all the world whereby men can be saved.” -Acts 4:12
“If you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart God raised Christ from the dead, you shall be saved.” – Romans 10:9
If you would like to have that life changing experience that will ensure you’re going to heaven, pray the simple prayer below:
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life; I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you. Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, please share your confession with someone. You can write it below in the comments. If you have any questions, please contact me via email.