Is Healing a Choice?

woman_balanceWhat do you need healing from today? Are you suffering from a minor or debilitating physical illness?  There are numerous examples in the Bible where God brought divine healing. On many occasions Jesus said, “Your faith as made you whole.” Although  well-meaning Christians are eager to confess that God heals, if you’re experiencing a mental, emotional, or physical illness, it may sound like wishful thinking. God does sometimes bring instantaneous healing, but for the majority of his children today, the healing process may be long and arduous. You may question “why me” or feel God is punishing you for some reason? Don’t believe that lie.


Nothing can separate us from the love of God.


Physically healing is taxing enough, but if we’re not careful, the emotional and mental ramifications can really take there toll. As you treat the physical ailments of your illness, it is important that you keep your eyes on the Lord. You also want to seek God for guidance and listen to the still small voice in your heart. Perhaps you need to change your diet.  Did you know that the large majority of all illness is  diet and stress related? There are many documentaries that prove that a plant-based diet can improve or cure many diseases. It’s never to late to start. Watch DVDs like “Food Matters,” “Sick, Fat and Nearly Dead,” and “Forks Over Knives” to learn more. Google or find them on Netflix.  I am a big proponent of Eat for Health program created by Dr. Furhman.

In addition, do everything you can to eliminate worry, unforgiveness, anger, and fear-based thinking from you life. I believe that our thoughts and attitudes toward our illness can either hinder or exacerbate the healing process. In Dr. Bernie Siegel’s book, “Love, Medicine, and Miracles,” he found that often a change in thoughts and attitude were enough to bring about a total healing in cancer patients. I was surprised to read, according to Dr. Siegel, that only about 30% of all terminally ill patients fight for their health and healing. The other 70% either want to die or aren’t willing to make any significant changes in their lifestyle.

In one incident a bed-ridden terminally ill patients was worrying about some minor tasks at home. Dr. Siegel told her to “stop worrying, you may not even be here tomorrow.” The next day the doctor went into the woman’s hospital room and she looked different. She was smiling and full of life. He asked her what had happened and she said, “I took your advice.” Two weeks later she walked out of that hospital a recovering woman. He has many similar stories.

In my book, Help Me God! Change My Life I tell the story of Kim Owens, a Christian massage therapist that was diagnosed with a rare and terminal illness and told she had less than five years to live. Can you imagine? However, remembering the words God spoke to her in a journal years before, Kim found comfort. Following her heart and against the wishes of some well-meaning friends and family members she sought treatment from an alternative health and auto-immune specialist and with a radical diet change and new treatment plan, Kim soon saw her symptom reversing. Also, Kim was determined to not to allow fear to overtake her and used her quiet and meditation time with God to help her stayed grounded and keeping her eyes on Him and not her disease.

Therefore, keep your faith in God and your mental state free from contamination and toxic thought patterns. Christ-centered meditation can help you to do that.I pray that this meditation will encourage you as well.

If you’d like a step-by-step program to cleansing your life, check out my book, Help Me God! Change My Life.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

The reCAPTCHA verification period has expired. Please reload the page.

Discover the Healing Power of Christian Meditation
Follow by Email