"For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and a sound mind."
As a result of the coronavirus, fear has set in for many people. When we are in fear, we are out of faith and not only can we attract what we fear, we also suppress our immune systems. Therefore, we must get out of fear as quickly as possible. If you have been gripped by fear, it’s sometimes hard to reason it away, as it may have embedded itself within your tissues. EFT or Emotional Freedom Technique, with scriptures is a great way to extract and release fear and other toxic emotions.
In this video, I explain a little bit about the process as well as take you through a round of EFT to release fear associated with this virus. The EFT portion of the videos begins at about the 5-minute mark. See video below:
MENTAL, EMOTIONAL, & SPIRITUAL WELLNESS
In addition to EFT, I’d also like to offer a few more tips during this time of uncertainty. I know for me personally, that I will be spending more time at home to avoid becoming in contact with the virus. I hope you can too. Instead of using this time to panic or binge-watch Netflix (I will be doing a little of this), this is a great opportunity to go inward instead of outward.
One of my favorite scriptures in Deuteronomy says, “And God caused you to hunger …so that He could feed you.” Many times God allows emptiness, gaps or crisis, to strengthen us and helps us grow more intimately acquainted with Him. Here is the full scripture in Deuteronomy 8:3:
He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, which neither you nor your ancestors had known, to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD.
Sometimes we don’t know that God is all we need, until we know that He is all we have. This is a great opportunity for us collectively to turn our hearts to Him in meditation, fellowship and prayer- to be still before Him. This can be an exciting time to press into God and connect more deeply with ourselves and our own personal and spiritual development. I have heard politicians say, “Never let a good crisis go to waste.” Although I know that most of the time, this is not in the people’s best interest, I believe in these circumstances we can do the same. This is a great time to put our Spiritual Self Care Routine into practice.
Now that you potentially have a little more free time on your hands and spending more time at home, here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Meditate: Start or ramp up your daily meditation practice. If you already meditate, add an extra session (or three) or meditate a little longer. If your negative thoughts have gotten out of control, listen each day to my Controlling Negative Thoughts Meditation, it’s free.
2. Read: Pull that book off the shelf that has been eyeing you for some time now. Whether fiction or non-fiction, reading is a wonderful way to pass the time or learn something new. If you like connecting spirituality with creativity, check out the books, A Book that Takes Time and The Big Book of Less. If you have a copy of The Christian Meditation Journal, use it as a springboard to start or restart your Christian meditation practice, time with God, and/or spiritual self-care routine.
3. Learn: If you have been putting it off, take or dig into that online course you purchased. If you desire to grow spiritually, consider one of my courses, Detox Your Life and Awaken Your Inner Spirit, Introduction to Christian Meditation, or even my Be Still Membership. All of these will strengthen you from the inside out by building up your inner man. What we focus on grows, therefore, keep your eyes on God’s love and faithfulness. You can find any of these products here.
4. Retreat: Take a mini at-home spiritual retreat. Use this time to pamper yourself and your spirit with meditation, healthy eating, gentle yoga, journaling, emotional healing techniques, and just dwelling in God’s presence. Need a little help or inspiration, check out my Unplug Weekend Spiritual Retreat Kit, that includes everything you need to create your own personal retreat. FYI- I created an updated version of this and if you purchased it in the past, let me know and I’ll email you the latest one.
5.Fast: Fasting not only cleans out the body but it heightens our spiritual resolve. When we fast, we allow the body to rest as we break our addiction to food. This can create greater awareness of ourselves and God. If you do decide to fast, make sure you get your doctor’s permission if you are under his or her care or on medication. There are many ways to fast. Recently, I did a 5-day mimicking fasting diet, with my own healthy food version. (You can purchase a costly processed food kit. Don’t!) Basically, for 5 days you eat around 800 calories. This should consist of high healthy fats (like nuts and avocado), no animal fat and lowered protein, and complex carbs like vegetables. No pasta, rice, or fruit. According to science, this can be just as beneficial as a full water fast but without all the side-effects. Google to learn more. Let me know if you’d like me to write a blog on this subject. Also, consider intermittent fasting, where you eat within a certain window or skip one meal a day.
6. Family and Friends: Use this time to catch up with family and friends you may have neglected due to busyness. If you still have kids at home (lucky you), pull out the board games, read a book together, or do some family baking. Maybe even have a dance off or competition. My daughters said we should have a quarantine party. Not to make light of those truly suffering, but tomorrow is never promised to us, so let’s take all the opportunity to love today. Never forget that the JOY of the Lord is our strength. It may be difficult, but try to use joy as a buffer to the pain that surrounds us daily.
7. Trust. There are two things that I know. Love and trust are the most important attributes in the universe. This means to love others and trust that God has everything under control. For me, that means allowing things to happen as they will and knowing that whatever the outcome, God has my back. And lastly…
8. Pray. I say pray with authority over the elements of this world. God has given us authority and we are made in our Creator’s image; therefore, don’t take stuff lying down. Cast out demons and declare that you and your family, friends, community, and the world is healthy and whole. Our words are powerful and they are living according to God’s word. Spend 10 minutes walking around your house and declaring, “Thus said the Lord…” This is the best anti-viral medicine there is.
I think I could go on and on, but I’m sure you get the picture.
PHYSICAL HEALTH & WELLNESS
I would also like to take a few minutes to share what I am doing and consider some good practices that could help us stay healthy during this time or the flu season. Although the news and others may debunk alternative health practices, I live my life by them and believe it is one of the reasons I stay as healthy as I do. Below are a few things I am incorporating in my health regiment these days to build my immune system:
1. Getting more sleep. Turning the TV off a little earlier and going to bed sooner can have a great impact on your health and physical constitution.
2. Supplementation: I literally have a vitamin store in my home. One wonderful and natural anti-viral food is fresh garlic and ginger. Chop up one or two cloves (about a tablespoon) and swallow them down with some juice. Also, add it generously to any foods you’re preparing. Don’t worry about smelling like garlic. I do this anytime I feel sickness coming on and it works wonders. Do it 2-3 times per day. Additional supplements I am taking (during this time) that have anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties.
- White Lung (cleansing lungs)
- A Guaifenestin-based cough expectorant… (do not get a cough suppressant)- To help break up mucus in lungs.
- Turmeric/Curcumin (powerful anti-inflammatory)
5. Essential Oils: If you are a fan of essentials oils like me, google what are the best anti-viral oils. If you have them, rub them on the bottom of your feet. However, before you do, be sure and add a carrier oil to them like grape seed, coconut, or almond oils. Here is an article on essential oils to fight the flu. I think today I will add a few of these to my diffuser to saturate the air with their anti-viral properties.
6. Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water and other hydrating beverages like hot and herbal teas. Hydration helps to flush toxins from our bodies.
If you have any additional tips or ideas that would help us during this time of uncertainty, please share them in the comment section below. Let’s encourage and build up one another up in love. Let’s never let a good crisis go to waste. This is the best time ever to strengthen our bonds, draw closer to God, and do some inner reflection and personal development.
FYI- Be sure and do the EFT video when or if you are overcome with fear.
Love ya, Rhonda
*** SHARE THIS ARTICLE!
*** Disclaimer: Please note that I am not a physician, so please do your due diligence to contact your health provider or do your own research before taking any supplements that could impact your health.